Equinet organised on 26-27 September its second annual training with the support of its Maltese member, the National Commission for the Promotion of Equality (NCPE).
This training event aimed to secure that participants:
– Gained practical knowledge and understanding of strategic issues surrounding communication activities that respond to the challenge of under-reporting of discrimination;
– Gained practical knowledge on the best ways to reach vulnerable groups and potential victims of discrimination, build trust and deliver the right messages;
– Exchanged experiences and practices in devising communication strategies and implementing communication activities that contribute to building a wider culture of rights.
The agenda of the event is available here.
The Secretariat has compiled a summary of the main discussions and arguments at the training, available here.
You can also find a briefing note on the discussions and arguments from the workshop on a values-based approach to communication by equality bodies here, as well as an interesting photo of the values chart filled-in by participants at the event here.
An archive of all the presentations in PDF format is available here (8MB .zip file).
Presentations can also be downloaded individually by clicking on the links below.
– Dr. Jana Gajdosova, Fundamental Rights Agency;
– Marco Buemi from the Italian National Office against Racial Discrimination;
– Libby Kinney (pictured above) from the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland.
– Click here to download the biographies of the panellists;
– Mr. Javier Saez – Fundación Secretariado Gitano, Spain.
– Ms Klara Cozlova- Zivot 90, Czech Republic.
Innovative Communication Workshops:
– Nadine Brauns, Centre for Equal Opportunities and Opposition to Racism, Belgium;
– Eva Nikell, Equality Ombudsman, Sweden; Also see the Roadmap to Equality – Empowerment and Access to Justice project Executive Summary and the Final activity report to EU Commission about Roadmap to Equality project;
– Elke Lujansky-Lammer, Ombud for Equal Treatment, Austria;
– Teresa Moley, Equality Commission for Northern Ireland.
Common Cause Workshop:
– EU-MIDIS Data in Focus Report 3: Rights Awareness;
– Access to justice in Europe: an overview of challenges and opportunities;
– Under-reporting of Traveller cases – one communication strategy/approach;
– Sexual Orientation – Communication and Promotion Strategy;
– Practicum for Protection Against Discrimination
A full set of photos from the training can be accessed below (right-click to open in new tab).
|2012 Equinet Training on Under-Reporting